2006. nov. 24.

This is my body which is given for you



three self made wooden chairs, with variable parts

110x50x50 cm each

2007, video

An attempt at exemplifying the gospel through the first word that comes to mind "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made" Romans 1:20

I have read the above cited passage of the New Testament and set myself to examine its truth in the following way: I would try to present the work of redemption through the first word that would come to mind. If I succeeded, I would accept the statement as true.

At that moment the word chair sprang to mind. In a few minutes I had a simple scheme: there would be one complete and three defective chairs. The complete chair would represent the Redeemer, and the defective chairs would represent mankind waiting for redemption. The three defective chairs should be completed with parts of the complete chair that would be disassembled, so that we would get three complete chairs as a result.
Some months later I called on a friend, a joiner, who built the woodwork with my and some other friends' cooperation.

I especially thank those partaking in the work: Kiss Kálmán, Sólyom Attila, Bódy László, Mátrai Erik, Finita la Commedia

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése